is sound absorption?
Sound absorption is when the sound
strike the absorbent object and reflect, but the energy of reflection is reduce
The reduction factor could be from 1%
(not effective) to 100% (very effective).
Materials like foams, cloths, soft
tissue, pores like walls / material are capable of absorbing sound.
items that may absorb sound is a bass trap, which is a very large box depending
on dimension and frequency.
- Introduction to Acoustics
- What are acoustics?
- How is sound created?
- What are the definitions of sound?
- How do sound travel?
- What is wavelength?
- Is sound a science?
- How do sound disperse?
- How long for sound to reach us?
- Do sound reflect?
- How do sound reflect?
- Do room volume affects sound?
- Do room shape affects sound?
- What is sound absorption?
- What is sound proof?
- How do sound wave summate or negate?
- Why do we need to know all these?
HOME - Technical Website for Acoustics, Audio and Car